The Kühne Foundation established the Christine Kühne – Center for Allergy Research and Education (CK-CARE) in Davos, Switzerland, in the year 2009. Highly qualified, closely networked research activity in the field of allergies and training of medical professionals, based on the latest findings, are the two supporting pillars of this initiative.
The establishment of CK-CARE marked the launch of one of Europe's largest private initiatives in the field of allergology. Main objective of CK-CARE is to support research, education and prevention in the area of allergy and to strengthen the application of research results in the clinical care for the benefit of patients affected.
The CK-CARE head office is located at the Hochgebirgsklinik Davos.
CK-CARE’s network comprises five renowned scientists:
- Prof. Dr. med. Cezmi Akdis, Director of Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research (SIAF) Davos,
- Prof. Dr. Dr. med. Thomas Bieber, Chairman and Director of Dermatology and Allergy, University of Bonn,
- Prof. Dr. med. Roger Lauener, Physician-in-Chief, Children's Hospital of Eastern Switzerland, St. Gallen,
- Prof. Dr. med. Peter Schmid-Grendelmeier, Head of the Allergology Unit, University Hospital, Zurich
- Prof. Dr. med. Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann, Director, Institute of Environmental Medicine, University Centre at the Klinikum
Augsburg (UNIKA-T), Technical University of Munich (TUM)